When selecting student(s) to represent our school, we will consider both students that have demonstrated a strong interest in medicine (e.g. through extra-curricular opportunities) and also students that have not had an opportunity to explore their interest in medical sciences and/or healthcare.
Each school may select 1 student to attend Mac MEDucation and can include up to 3 students to be placed on a registration waiting list.
- If you are selected, the program runs Feb 20,21,27 and 28.
- It's open to Grade 10 and 11 students interested in medicine.
- It costs $200 if you are selected, and some bursaries are available if students can demonstrate financial need.
If you are interested in being Abbey Park's nominee, please submit your answers to the following three questions. Applications are due to Mac by January 8th, so I need to get your answers in before the end of December so that we can make our decision.
- Sir William Osler stated: “The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease”. Describe what you think Osler meant by this statement.
- An important theme in the McMaster medical program is ‘life-long learning’. Why is it important to be a ‘life-long learner’, especially in the medical community?
- Why do you want to participate in MacMEDucation? What do you hope to learn?